1. Self-organisation of metabolism, via regulation of gene activity and enzyme activity by metabolic intermediates.
2. Maximisation of cellular fitness, by tuning of stress-response, adaptation and cell-growth activities.
3. Adaptive phenotypic diversification of isogenic populations of microorganisms, using single-cell microscopy.
4. Physiology of single cells and its relation to population properties: growth, gene-activity, and cell-to-cell variability.
5. Theory, software, algorithms and mathematical-modelling methods, to support interests 1 to 4: genome-scale modelling, dynamic models of metabolism regulation, statistical biophysics.
6. Experimental methods, bacterial physiology, fluorescence microscopy, single-molecule methods.
My curriculum vitae and contact information can be found here.
Use this link Pubmed search query to find my publication list.